Thursday, May 15, 2014

Time Machine Research Words :3

The word “interminable” means endless, annoying and hard to bare. They use this word in The Time Machine when the time traveler goes off into his ‘interminable’ voyage. “So that it was the Psychologist who sent forth the model Time Machine on its interminable voyage.” The word unfathomable means too deep or impossible to be measured. “Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future.” The word Steatite means a soft heavy compact variety of talc having a soapy feel; used to make hearths, tabletops and ornaments. In another place was a vast array of idols – Polynesian, Mexican, Grecian, Phoenician, every country on earth I should think. And here, yielding to an irresistible impulse, I wrote my name upon the nose of a steatite [soapstone] monster from South America that particularly took my fancy.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment